Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Vegan Shmegan

Photobucket

So..my BF and I were discussing "Veggie" burgers and other vegetarian dishes and we think it's kind of silly how they make veggie burgers look exactly like real 100% meaty beefy delicious burgers. The more they look & taste like the real thing the better reviews they get. (p.s. the photo above is a veggie burger from a restaurant called the flying saucer)

If you really can't stand the REAL thing then how can you eat anything that resembles it in the slightest?

I know...I get it...it's made of soy & crap but still...why don't you make it look like something totally opposite?

It's an OXYMORON if you ask me...(definition: a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “poor little rich girl.”) or as in "I don't like eating animals but I like eating things that look like it could be made of animals".

Take TOFURKEY for example. They've managed to make a whole wack of food alternatives to meat products. The best one is called "Tofurkey Jurkey Wishstix" which is the Tofurky version of a wishbone. The Wishstix are made of a jerky-esque product, essentially two strips - one visibly longer than the other – that are attached in the middle. It's like a real wishbone. So...let's get this straight...the thought of eating a real turkey disturbs you, but you want the fun of the wishbone so you made a fake one that is an exact replica of the bone found in a turkey? Wow...make up your mind? Once you gave up eating real turkey, you gave up making wishes on wishbones. It just comes with the territory.

To me, all this meat alternative food that looks like meat is a mean trick towards Carnivores...I went to FRESH with my cousin the other week and I was kind of excited. I got the veggie burger and it looked awesome. Like a real burger but when I took the first bite, it was a disappointment. It had a weird texture and didn't taste as good as meat.

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of delicious meat.

p.s. Dear vegetarians, no offense. I still love you.

Mimi

4 comments:

max said...

this is the FUNNIEST thing i've read in a while! soooo true though!

coco said...

i concur mimi!! go 'heeead

xoxo,

coco

Anonymous said...

i love bacon
if animals arent suppose to be eaten why r they made out of meat!! bahhhahaha

AnitaH SparkZ said...

Ya'll need to do ur research.......open that 3rd eye!!!!!!