Friday, January 9, 2009

What's a Brazen Hussy Anyway?.....

My dear friend Michelle Muir wrote this for us. She's a talented writer, poet and teacher and I love her guts...She has a way with words. Actually more than just a way...a MAGIC...

If you ever wanted to know what a brazen hussy is...read on...

BRAZEN HUSSY

"Well ...I gotta tell you I’ve been called a lot of things
But this new one is one of my favourites.
Queen. Diva. Isis. Sheba.
I’ve been called them all And really...
I’ve never been too fussy But this new one I’ve heard
Sums me up in just two words And those words are Brazen Hussy.
Maya broke it down phenomenally But just in case you hadn’t heard
Brazen is the new phenomenal And Hussy is the new catch word.
Sweet and sassy Sexy and classy
I’m a lady With a tiger in my belly
And a takin’ care of business attitude
Y’all can’t tell me nothin’ When I’m in that mood.
I’m as Brazen as I wanna be.
I Am so fly Even my errors are correct.
And might I just interject That the dictionary didn’t do us justice
When it tried to discuss us
But now that its just us Let’s gather round While I run it down
The degree of our brazen pedigree
In this place In this time and in this space
I am adventurous Outrageous Strong willed And courageous.
If it’s bad to be bold to excess Then of that I brazenly confess To be guilty.
I Am a complex diva From head top To foot bottom
Quick wit Keen mind Sexy ass smile...
I got ‘em It is here In this great space That true Brazen Hussies Come to congregate.
Here is where we get to meet all the ladies.
With their brazen styles And their brazen flavours
And their brazen moods And their brazen behaviours.
Don’t think We don’t know what they say When we’re wearing the hell out of our clothes
And we put that extra little sway In our Chante sashay.
Yes babies... This new name stands up And stands tall As the one that explains it all.
Maya broke it down phenomenally But just in case you hadn’t heard
Brazen is the new phenomenal And Hussy is the new catch word."

Michelle Muir August 2007

p.s. "Nuff Said" is the name of her Spoken Word company through which she is commissioned to write and perform personalized poetry for events, functions and productions. Click on her name to get to her site. She can be hired to create magic for you too.

No comments: